Oatmeal isn’t just for breakfast. Oatmeal is actually pretty versatile and can be added into smoothies and used in baking recipes too. These cookies have NO DAIRY, NO EGGS, and NO REFINED SUGAR. They are easy to make and come out nicely from the oven with the added shredded coconut. Their not only delicious but their loaded with fiber, potassium and exploding with spicy flavors!
BENEFITS OF OATMEAL
You can do your heart a lot of good by eating more oatmeal. Oatmeal is known for a phytonutrient called Beta-Glucan which can reduce the risk of heart disease. It can boost the immune system and lower blood sugar spikes in diabetics. Just one serving each day can reduce high LDL levels (bad cholesterol) by 8-23%!
Cook time: 25 minutes. Yields: 12-15 cookies
•3 bananas, ripened
•1 1/2 cups rolled oats
•1/3 cup brown rice flour
•1 cup raisins
•1/2 cup shredded coconut, dried
•2 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice
•2 teaspoons ginger powder
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1 squeeze bottle raw honey
Batter and Baking
1. Place bananas into a mixing bowl. Smash and mix them until they are completely mashed.
2. Next, mix in the ginger powder, Chinese 5 spice, and vanilla extract.
3. Then mix in rolled oats very well and then add the flour until completely blended. Now last but not least, mix in the raisins and shredded coconut.
4. On 2 sprayed cookie sheets, spread out cookies with about 2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie.
5. Form the cookies by flattening and rounding them with a fork.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Their done when just the edges of the cookies start to turn golden brown.
7. Use a spatula to remove them onto a plate. For a little extra sweetness, lightly drizzle cookies with honey after removing.
by Lupita Ronquillo, holistic nutrition writer