This version of jalapeno poppers are hot, healthy, and delicious! I made this recipe for my husband because he loves chili and eats it every single day. They look like little chili boats filled with delicious spiced cream. The best part is their not fried or breaded and taste great! This mouthwatering and healthy snack would make an excellent appetizer at any party or potluck.
- 6 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese (we used Daiya Pepperjack Style)
- 3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (we used Toffuti)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until the cheese shreds and cilantro are blended.
- Next, fill jalapeno halves with the mixture using a small rubber spatula. Don’t over fill them because cheese can spill out as they cook.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve as an appetizer.
by Lupita Ronquillo, holistic nutrition writer