I finally made my own fully raw zucchini noodles but instead of the usual tomato pasta sauce, I smothered them in a tangy lime avocado dressing! Ordinary pasta dinners can add so much extra calories, a whopping 400 for just a 2 cup serving but zucchini noodles only have 60 calories for the same amount, plus their gluten free! You won’t feel bogged down after eating them either because raw noodles digest much faster so you can enjoy that second serving with no guilt. Raw noodles will fill you up because their loaded with fiber and provide you with more disease fighting nutrients than cooked processed pasta. Another little bonus is your saving water because there’s nothing to boil, drain, and throw out. 😉
- 2 large organic zucchinis
- 3/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp raw sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- dash of Italian seasoning
- dash of Himalayan pink salt
- Spiralize the zucchinis into a bowl. In this step, you may want to cut your noodles while spiralizing to the desired length to prevent making them too long.
- In a small bowl, smash and mix the avocado with the lime juice until creamy.
- Next, add in all the remaining ingredients with the noodles along with the avocado dressing.
- Gently stir all ingredients until they are fully coated with the dressing.
- Your done! This is actually faster than making regular pasta because at the same time, my husband was making spaghetti and I finished before he did! 😉 Makes about 4 servings.
To make the raw noodles I used a Veggetti, which I bought for $15.00 at Target. The website says you can’t buy it at stores but I’ve seen the Veggetti at both Walmart and Target. It has metal handles to keep your hands safe and a cap that allows you to twist and hold the last inch of your vegetables while turning.
If kids can enjoy eating raw noodles, then you know their good! Kids can be the most pickiest of eaters, my son included, but he loved them. Hope you try and enjoy this recipe soon!
by Lupita Ronquillo, holistic nutrition writer