If your looking for ideas on using that pumpkin, here is a great recipe for fall! These cookies have got it all, oatmeal, figs, almonds, coconut, and the best fall flavor of all, pumpkin! Their very healthy and packed with satisfying taste, fiber, loads of nutrients and is a great snack for taking on hikes for sustained energy! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3-4 minced dried figs
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour or other gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup wide sliced coconut shreds
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup vegan carob chips (or if you prefer, cacao chips)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, smash and whisk bananas until as smooth as possible. Add and stir in pumpkin puree, baking powder, vanilla, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and brown rice flour until fully blended.
- Next, mix in rolled oats, coconut shreds, almonds, figs, and carob or chocolate chips.
- On a cookie sheet, drop and form cookies with about 2 tablespoons worth of batter for each cookie.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Edges should be golden brown.
Makes about 14 cookies.
by Lupita Ronquillo, holistic nutrition writer